Major user impacts coming to Eagle Pointe Recreation Center
As renovation work picks up steam at the Eagle Pointe Recreation Center, several areas will temporarily close later this month to help ensure safe and fast construction. These closures are expected to last for the remainder of the project, which is scheduled for completion at the end of this year. The city has timed these closures to coincide with the opening of the new Bison Ridge Recreation Center and Paradice Island Pool at Pioneer Park to ease the inconvenience to users.
Eagle Pointe Recreation Center Closure Information:
- Facility closed May 6 for staff training
- Swimming pool closes on Friday, May 25 at 5 p.m.
- Locker rooms, second floor fitness area (cardio/circuit/free weights), racquetball courts, group exercise rooms and gymnastics area close on Tuesday, May 29.
- The south entrance will remain closed until June or July. Visitors can still use the north entrance until that time.
- The gymnasium, active adult center and multipurpose rooms will remain open throughout the renovations.
During the closures at Eagle Pointe, residents are invited to use and explore the brand new Bison Ridge Recreation Center, which opens for regular hours on Saturday, May 26 at 13905 E. 112th Avenue. Paradice Island Pool at Pioneer Park also opens for the season on Saturday, May 26. (All city facilities are closed on Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day.)
Thank you for your patience as crews work hard to complete the renovations as quickly and safely as possible. Remember to pay attention to construction signs and use caution when visiting. Patrons will be notified of major impacts through the recreation center email list and the front desk. For more information or to sign up for news and alerts, visit c3gov.com/QCL or call the project hotline at 303-C3-WORKS.