Fast FactsTotal Project Budget: $51.1 million
Construction Began: May 10, 2016
Expected Completion: Late 2017
About the Project
The project expands Tower Road from two to four lanes between 80th and 103rd avenues to provide a higher level of service, improve safety, increase vehicle capacity, and accommodate pedestrians, bicyclists and vehicles. The project includes:
- Acceleration, deceleration, turn lanes
- LED street lighting
- Traffic signals at 81st, 88th and 96th avenues
- Culvert crossing with provisions for trail underpass at Second Creek
- Detention and water quality ponds
- Raised and landscaped median
- Underground the overhead electric lines
- 6-foot wide sidewalk
- 10-foot wide multi-purpose path
- Dedicated bicycle lanes on both side
- Project fact sheet
- Presentation from the Nov. 14, 2014 business owner, land owner and developer meeting
Construction began on May 10, 2016.
- Designer: Huitt-Zollars, Inc.
- Contractor: Flatiron Constructors, Inc.